MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (AP) – The Rangers have activated left-hander Joe Saunders from the 15-day disabled list and claimed right-hander Phil Irwin off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Rangers made the moves on Wednesday in time for Saunders to start the night’s game against the Minnesota Twins. Saunders left his only start this season on April 4 after getting hit in the left ankle with a line drive off the bat of Tampa Bay’s Evan Longoria.
LHP Joe Saunders has been activated from the DL and starts tonight at MIN. LHP Aaron Poreda has been optioned to Round Rock to make room.—
John Blake (@RangerBlake) May 28, 2014
Saunders made four rehab starts, going 0-1 with a 3.80 ERA.
The 27-year-old Irwin has appeared in one career game in the majors. He had elbow surgery last season and spent the first two months of this season in Triple-A. The Rangers optioned Irwin and left-hander Aaron Poreda to Triple-A Round Rock.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Investigation Finds Lack Of Oversight For School Fire Drills
- Police Investigating After Video Shows Wreckless Stunt Driving, Gunfire
- Suspect Hurt In Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Arlington Considers Joining Dallas In Lawsuit Against SB4
- Cancun Travel Warning Issued By State Department
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures