Suspect Nabbed After Chase Ends With Crash
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A high-speed police chase that ran across parts of three counties ended in a violent crash on Tuesday night in far southeast Dallas. The incident started on Tuesday evening near Athens, where police spotted a pickup truck that had been reported stolen out of Mesquite.
The chase ran up Highway 175 through Rockwall County and into Dallas County along the LBJ Freeway. The suspect eventually went back south and crashed into a car near the intersection of C.F. Hawn Freeway and Belt Line Road. That car flipped upside down, but the man inside was not injured.
The suspect jumped out of the pickup truck after the crash and began to flee on foot, but was captured in an alley a short distance away from the crash scene. He now faces a variety of charges. His name has not been released.
The pickup truck caught on fire for a short time, but Dallas Fire-Rescue arrived to put out the flames.
- Police Investigating Garland Murder Asking For Public Tips
- 5 Things I Hope Happen In Cowboys Training Camp
- Kraft Recalling American Cheese Slices Over Choking Concerns
- Bobbi Kristina To Be Buried Next To Mother
- Ready To Play: How Dontae Johnson Gears Up For The NFL Season
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures