Suspect Nabbed After Chase Ends With Crash
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A high-speed police chase that ran across parts of three counties ended in a violent crash on Tuesday night in far southeast Dallas. The incident started on Tuesday evening near Athens, where police spotted a pickup truck that had been reported stolen out of Mesquite.
The chase ran up Highway 175 through Rockwall County and into Dallas County along the LBJ Freeway. The suspect eventually went back south and crashed into a car near the intersection of C.F. Hawn Freeway and Belt Line Road. That car flipped upside down, but the man inside was not injured.
The suspect jumped out of the pickup truck after the crash and began to flee on foot, but was captured in an alley a short distance away from the crash scene. He now faces a variety of charges. His name has not been released.
The pickup truck caught on fire for a short time, but Dallas Fire-Rescue arrived to put out the flames.
- Neighbors: Dallas 911 Confusion Delayed House Fire Help
- Neighbors Describe Man Who Shot Fort Worth Officer
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- VIDEO: Gym Screwdriver Stabbing Surveillance Footage
- Body Cam Video Of Officer Getting Shot Is “Compelling & Terrifying”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures