DUBLIN, Ohio (AP) – Tiger Woods has withdrawn from the U.S. Open as he recovers from back surgery that has kept him out of golf for nearly three months.
Woods says on his website Wednesday he is physically unable to play golf at a high level.
The announcement was not a surprise. Woods said a week ago while promoting the Quicken Loans National tournament at Congressional that he still has not taken a full swing with a golf club.
He had microdiscectomy surgery March 31. Woods last played a tournament at Doral on March 9.
The U.S. Open will be the sixth major that Woods has missed because of injuries, and it will be the second time in the last four years he has missed the U.S. Open.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Military Veteran Arrested For Allegedly Mailing Bombs
- Slain Student’s Parents Sue Santa Fe Gunman’s Parents
- Terrell Owens Graces ‘Madden 19: Hall Of Fame Edition’ Cover In Cowboys Uniform
- After 3 Roundtable Discussions On School Safety, What’s Next For Texas?
- Texas Man Arrested After Louisiana Woman Found Tied Up
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures