DUBLIN, Ohio (AP) – Tiger Woods has withdrawn from the U.S. Open as he recovers from back surgery that has kept him out of golf for nearly three months.
Woods says on his website Wednesday he is physically unable to play golf at a high level.
The announcement was not a surprise. Woods said a week ago while promoting the Quicken Loans National tournament at Congressional that he still has not taken a full swing with a golf club.
He had microdiscectomy surgery March 31. Woods last played a tournament at Doral on March 9.
The U.S. Open will be the sixth major that Woods has missed because of injuries, and it will be the second time in the last four years he has missed the U.S. Open.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Large Hail Batters North Texas During Severe Storms
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures