DUBLIN, Ohio (AP) – Tiger Woods has withdrawn from the U.S. Open as he recovers from back surgery that has kept him out of golf for nearly three months.
Woods says on his website Wednesday he is physically unable to play golf at a high level.
The announcement was not a surprise. Woods said a week ago while promoting the Quicken Loans National tournament at Congressional that he still has not taken a full swing with a golf club.
He had microdiscectomy surgery March 31. Woods last played a tournament at Doral on March 9.
The U.S. Open will be the sixth major that Woods has missed because of injuries, and it will be the second time in the last four years he has missed the U.S. Open.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DMV Changing Vehicle Registration Fees In 2017
- Giant Fireball After 2 Freight Trains Collide In Texas
- Justices To Hear Dispute Over Deaf Driver Education In Texas
- FDA Approves First Pill To Treat All Forms Of Hepatitis C
- Senate Democrats Block GOP’s Zika Funding Bill
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures