DUBLIN, Ohio (AP) – Tiger Woods has withdrawn from the U.S. Open as he recovers from back surgery that has kept him out of golf for nearly three months.
Woods says on his website Wednesday he is physically unable to play golf at a high level.
The announcement was not a surprise. Woods said a week ago while promoting the Quicken Loans National tournament at Congressional that he still has not taken a full swing with a golf club.
He had microdiscectomy surgery March 31. Woods last played a tournament at Doral on March 9.
The U.S. Open will be the sixth major that Woods has missed because of injuries, and it will be the second time in the last four years he has missed the U.S. Open.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Federal Gov’t Launches New Website For Student Loan Borrowers
- Glenn Heights Police: Kidnapping Was A Hoax
- Driver Loses Control & Crashes Into Fort Worth Restaurant
- Former House Speaker: Ted Cruz Is ‘Lucifer In The Flesh’
- Wandering Tiger Now At North Texas Exotic Animal Sanctuary
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures