ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Arlington are looking for a missing 10-year-old boy who is believed to have run away from home.
Forrest Lawrence was last seen at around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday night at his home in the 8400 block of Redheart Street. He was punished for problems at school and ordered to go to his room. When family members went to check on him later in the evening, the boy was missing. After a brief search, police were notified about the situation at around midnight.
Lawrence has a history of running away from home. Authorities do not suspect foul play.
The boy has been described as a black male, about 4 feet tall and around 65 pounds. He has black hair cut into a mohawk style. He was last seen wearing black shorts and a black shirt.
In the past, the child has been located hiding in the backyards of nearby homes. Police are encouraging southeast Arlington residents to check in their yards for anything suspicious, and call 911 immediately if anything is found.
- Dallas County Jail Escapee Caught In San Antonio
- Tarrant County Elections Addresses Voting Equipment Concerns
- Lubbock Police Asking For Help In Cold Case Involving Dallas Woman
- Halloween Party Turns Bloody; Teacher Accused Of Killing Neighbors
- Texas Teen Who Killed 2 Endangered Whooping Cranes Gets Probation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures