FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – The Armed Forces Bowl will be played in January for the first time.
Bowl officials announced Thursday that the 12th annual game on the TCU campus in Fort Worth, Texas, will be played next Jan. 2.
If Army becomes bowl eligible during the upcoming season, the Black Knights will have a spot in the game that is scheduled for an 11 a.m. Central kickoff. The opposing team is set to come from the American Athletic Conference.
Middle Tennessee State defeated Navy 24-6 in the Armed Forces Bowl last Dec. 30.
After the first four games (2003-06) were played on Dec. 23 each year, the bowl has since been held on Dec. 30 or 31, with the exception of 2012 when it was played Dec. 29.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Who Allegedly Stole Fort Worth Fire SUV, Bloodied And Busted
- Cowboys Fall At Home To Chargers On Thanksgiving
- What NHL Teams Are Thankful For
- DPS Trooper Shot, Killed In Freestone County; Suspect Apprehended
- What Each MLB Team Is Thankful For
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures