Big 12 Makes Change To Football Tiebreaker
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP) - The Big 12 Conference is subbing out part of its football tiebreaker process.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Wednesday that the new College Football Playoff poll will replace the old BCS standings as a potential tiebreaker if three or more teams have the same conference record.
The first potential tiebreakers remain the records of the tied teams compared against each other, and then against the next highest-placed teams in the conference.
If those don’t settle things, the highest-ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll after Big 12 regular season play would represent the league as champion. The only exception is if the two highest-ranked tied teams are within one spot of each other in the playoff poll, then the head-to-head result of those teams would break the tie.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Church Celebrates Doctor’s Ebola Recovery
- North Tarrant Express To Open Early
- Online School Diploma Worth The Money?
- Fort Worth Works To Keep Free After Hours Parking Downtown
- Many Wonder If It’s An Ebola “Cure” Or “Recovery”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures