IRVING (AP) – The Big 12 Conference is subbing out part of its football tiebreaker process.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Wednesday that the new College Football Playoff poll will replace the old BCS standings as a potential tiebreaker if three or more teams have the same conference record.
The first potential tiebreakers remain the records of the tied teams compared against each other, and then against the next highest-placed teams in the conference.
If those don’t settle things, the highest-ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll after Big 12 regular season play would represent the league as champion. The only exception is if the two highest-ranked tied teams are within one spot of each other in the playoff poll, then the head-to-head result of those teams would break the tie.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Texas Law To Allow Open Carry Of Swords, Machetes
- Swim Coach Indicted In Southlake Student’s Drowning Death
- 1 Man Killed, 7 Others Hurt In Ride Malfunction
- North Texas Veterans Disagree On President Trump’s Transgender Military Policy
- Texas Senate Passes Ban On Local Tree Ordinances
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures