DALLAS, Texas (AP) – The Heart of Dallas Bowl will be played Dec. 26, marking the first time the game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas is held before New Year’s Day.
Bowl officials also said Thursday that the fifth annual game would be broadcast on ESPN. The previous four games, three of them on Jan. 1 and the other Jan. 2, were on ESPNU.
This year’s game, scheduled for a noon Central kickoff, is set to match teams from Conference USA and the Big Ten.
Heart of Dallas Bowl executive director Brant Ringler says the opportunity to play on a Friday during a traditional holiday period is fantastic for the game and fans.
North Texas beat UNLV 36-14 in last season’s game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- South Dakota Bill Leaves Evolution Skepticism Up To Teachers
- Bail Jumper Gets 27 Years For Aggravated Robbery
- Milo Yiannopoulos Apologizes For Remarks, Quits Breitbart
- MLB May Make Unilateral Rule Changes For 2018
- Former Maypearl Police Chief Sentenced To 40 Years
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures