Wreck Seriously Injures 3 Dallas Teens On Way To Graduation Practice
updated 10:45 p.m.
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police are investigating a horrible crash in Oak Cliff that seriously inured three teens on the way to graduation practice.
“They tried to get off and open the doors and get them out, but nobody could get them out,” said witness Sandra Carranco.
Investigators believe a carload of teenagers were on the way to a graduation rehearsal when they were involved in a crash on West Illinois Ave near Hampton Road.
Officials from DISD confirmed that the students were from Dr Wright Lassiter Jr Early College, and that they were heading to their graduation practice at Adamson high school.
Pictures from the scene show a car that has been damaged practically beyond recognition.
Three teenagers were rushed to Methodist Medical Center…some in critical condition.
Austin York (@realAustinYork) May 29, 2014
Dallas Police Lt. Jose Garcia says three cars were headed east-bound on Illinois…when one of the cars tried to pass a semi – causing it to lose control, get into the center median and impact a light pole with the driver’s side.
Authorities believe racing may have been a factor in the crash.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- A Grieving Mother’s Question to Police: “Wouldn’t You Get Him Medical Treatment Before An Arrest?”
- Report: Fort Worth Police & Fire Taking Longer To Respond
- Security Changes For DFW Airport After Weekend Scare
- Arlington Teen Makes A Wish To Further His Education
- Police: Serial Rapist Offered In-Home Massage And Hair Services
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures