updated 10:45 p.m.
DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police are investigating a horrible crash in Oak Cliff that seriously inured three teens on the way to graduation practice.
“They tried to get off and open the doors and get them out, but nobody could get them out,” said witness Sandra Carranco.
Investigators believe a carload of teenagers were on the way to a graduation rehearsal when they were involved in a crash on West Illinois Ave near Hampton Road.
Officials from DISD confirmed that the students were from Dr Wright Lassiter Jr Early College, and that they were heading to their graduation practice at Adamson high school.
Pictures from the scene show a car that has been damaged practically beyond recognition.
Three teenagers were rushed to Methodist Medical Center…some in critical condition.
Austin York (@realAustinYork) May 29, 2014
Dallas Police Lt. Jose Garcia says three cars were headed east-bound on Illinois…when one of the cars tried to pass a semi – causing it to lose control, get into the center median and impact a light pole with the driver’s side.
Authorities believe racing may have been a factor in the crash.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Manizel: “I’ve Been The Same Person, Doing The Same Things Since It All Started”
- North Dallas Apartment Complex Destroyed By Fire
- Police Arrest Man Who Allegedly Showed His Penis At The Laundromat
- Schools Cancel Some Activities Due To Severe Weather
- Alleged Mastermind Behind Uptown Dentist Murder Remains In Mexico
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures