Man Dead After Dallas Shooting & Car Crash
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Police in Dallas are investigating an incident that took place on Friday morning at the intersection of Oak Lawn Avenue and Lemmon Avenue. A car crashed at a gas station and, when officials responded to the scene, they found a man inside of the crashed vehicle with a gunshot wound.
The man was taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas and pronounced dead a short time later.
Maj. Max Geron (@MaxDPD) May 30, 2014
The victim has been identified by the Dallas County Medical Examiner as 33-year-old Joshua Lee Tubbleville of Dallas.
Authorities later confirmed that the victim was the driver of the vehicle. He was shot while inside of the car, which caused him to lose control of his vehicle and crash into a tree at the gas station. Witnesses saw a black male exit from the passenger side of the car and flee from the scene on foot.
The case is still under investigation. No additional information has been released about the possible suspect.
- Hamlin Confident In Interim Crew Chief Wheeler
- Admitted Meth User Dies In Fort Worth Police Custody
- Harley Recalls Bikes Over Ignition Switches
- Hyundai Recalls More Than 419,000 Vehicles
- Batman Creator’s Personal Comics Being Sold
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures