Jeff Gordon Could Retire If Back Problems Continue
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
Sports Fan Insider
DOVER, Del. (AP) – Jeff Gordon “won’t have a choice” but to retire if he experiences the same pain in his back he did before last weekend’s Coca-Cola 600.
The 42-year-old Gordon is in no hurry to slow down.
But the four-time NASCAR champion does hope he’s found some solutions to the back woes that nearly forced him out of Sunday night’s race. Gordon cut short his practice runs last week because of back spasms and Regan Smith was on standby.
Gordon was in his familiar seat behind the wheel of the No. 24 and finished seventh, his ninth top-10 finish in 12 races this season.
Gordon knows consistent, shooting pain like he suffered at Charlotte Motor Speedway could drive him toward an early retirement.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Perry Says Republican Congress Is Key
- Human Skull Donated To Austin Thrift Store
- Judge To Issue Final School Finance Ruling
- Wendy Davis Escalates Push For Female Votes
- Apple Loses Bid To Block Sales Of 9 Samsung Phones
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures