DALLAS, Texas (AP) – SMU has added a pair of transfers who will be eligible this season in quarterback Matt Davis and linebacker Cameron Nwosu.
Davis will be a sophomore out of Tyler Junior College after originally signing with Texas A&M. He left the Aggies before Johnny Manziel’s second season as the starter in 2013.
A top recruit out of Houston in 2012, Davis appeared in seven games for Tyler last year. The Mustangs will have a new starter after two years with Garrett Gilbert at quarterback.
Nwosu has one year of eligibility after getting his degree at Rice. He had 25 consecutive starts before missing last season with a knee injury. Nwosu set an NCAA record by blocking three PATs in the 2012 opener against UCLA and finished with 210 career tackles.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cuban Responds To Trump’s Tax Comments
- LSU Firing Les Miles Now Makes No Sense
- Unhappy Target Customers Want Old Pill Bottles Back
- Jason Aldean Shuns Streaming & Tops Charts
- New Jeep Compass Looks Like Small Grand Cherokee
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures