Texas Tech Scores In 9th To Edge Columbia 3-2 In Regional Tourney
Sports Fan Insider
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Eric Gutierrez’s one-out hit scored Zach Davis with the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning Friday, and Texas Tech defeated Columbia 3-2 in the first game of the Coral Gables regional.
Davis entered the game as a pinch runner for Stephen Smith, who led off the inning with a walk. A sacrifice moved Davis to second, and he reached third base when Lions second baseman Will Savage misplayed a grounder to put runners at the corners.
Jonny Drodz (7-0) pitched the final 3 2-3 innings for the Red Raiders (41-18), who advanced to a second-round game Saturday night. Thomas Crispi (3-2) walked three and gave up two hits in 2 1-3 innings
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Trailer & Tools Stolen From Business Owner Who Employs Vets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures