HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – Krey Bratsen had four hits and drove in a run as Texas A&M pounded out 16 hits and eliminated George Mason with a 7-3 win in the Houston regional Saturday.
Logan Nottebrok and Troy Stein each had two hits and two RBIs, and Ryne Birk drove in two for Texas A&M (34-25). All three hitters drove in runs as part of the Aggies’ three-run first.
Stein increased Texas A&M’s lead to 4-0 in the third with an RBI double, and Nottebrok made it 5-2 with an RBI single in the seventh as the Aggies advanced to another elimination game Sunday against the Rice-Texas loser.
Corey Ray (6-0) threw 3 2-3 innings of relief for the win.
Chris Cook had four hits and drove in a run for the Patriots (34-22), who had 14 hits but left 14 on base. Anthony Montefusco (9-4) took the loss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Surging Steelers Still Lucky To Not Face Rodgers
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks
- Patterson Signs New Deal To Stay At TCU Through 2023 Season
- Salvation Army Angel Trees Looking For Donations
- Dallas Police Searching For Murder Suspect
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures