CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Freshman left-hander Dylan Dusek scattered four hits over eight innings as Texas Tech defeated Miami 3-0 on Saturday night in a winners’ bracket game in the Coral Gables regional.
Dusek (7-0) set a career high for innings pitched while striking out three and walking one for Texas Tech (42-18). Corey Taylor pitched the ninth and earned his second save.
Chris Diaz (9-1) suffered his first loss of the season for the Hurricanes, who have scored just one run in two tournament games — on a passed ball in the ninth to beat Bethune-Cookman on Friday. Dale Carey, who came into hitting .312 on the season, went 0 for 4 and stranded seven runners against Texas Tech.
The Hurricanes will face Bethune-Cookman in an elimination game Sunday. The winner will face Texas Tech in the nightcap.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Silent March Ends Without Incident
- DPD Cops Investigated After Controversial Podcast Night Of Ambush
- Courts Strike Blows To GOP Voter Restrictions In 3 States
- Texas A&M Suspends 2 Assistants For Jokes At Women’s Clinic
- Cowboys Have ‘Sugar Plum’ Visions As Camp Opens
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures