Lady Bears Rally To Beat Kentucky In Women’s College World Series
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Kaitlyn Thumann doubled and scored on an error in the bottom of the eighth inning as Baylor rallied from a seven-run deficit to stun Kentucky 8-7 on Saturday night in an elimination game in the Women’s College World Series.
Baylor (49-15) advanced to play fifth-seeded Florida on Sunday. The 13th-seeded Bears would have to beat Florida (52-12) twice to advance to the best-of-three finals.
Kentucky (50-19) led 7-0 heading into the bottom of the sixth, but Kelsey Nunley (30-11) gave up six singles during a three-run rally for Baylor. Ari Hawkins led off the seventh with a solo home run to make it 7-4 and Robin Landrith’s two-run, two-out double tied it.
In the eighth, after Thumann doubled, Hawkins bunted and Kentucky catcher Griffin Joiner threw the ball into right field, allowing Thumann to score.
Ginny Carroll, Emily Gaines and Krystal Smith homered for Kentucky.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Mavs’ Carlisle Fined $25,000 For Criticizing Refs After Loss
- Town Prays For Texas Ice Cream Maker Linked To Listeria
- Texas GOP’s 2016 Presidential hopefuls Call For Strong US
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures