FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – Vincent Citro’s two-out RBI single in the 10th inning gave Siena a 9-8 victory over Dallas Baptist on Saturday in an elimination game in the Fort Worth regional.
The Saints (27-32) earned their first NCAA tournament win in school history after trailing 7-0 in the second inning. They were one of two teams to make a regional appearance with a losing record.
Siena will face either Sam Houston State or TCU in another elimination game on Sunday.
Senior Neil Fryer (4-4) pitched the final nine innings in relief for the Saints, throwing 129 pitches. Brandon Koch (8-1) worked three innings and took the loss for the Patriots. He entered the game with a 0.46 ERA.
The Saints, a day after striking out 17 times and walking once in an 11-inning loss to host TCU, drew 16 walks and struck out five times
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Woman Sentenced To 60-Years For Deadly Buttocks Injections
- Rangers Uncertain Whether Beltre Starts Season On DL
- Texas Senate OKs ‘Fetal Remains’ Bill Despite Court Case
- Democratic Rep. To Announce Challenge For Senator Cruz’s Seat
- NTSB To Begin Probe Of Texas Bus-Truck Crash That Killed 13
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures