FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – Boomer White’s RBI single in the bottom of the 11th inning led TCU to a 2-1 victory over Siena in the Fort Worth regional Friday night.
White, who had three hits, took a 2-2 pitch from Siena reliever Matt Quintana into center, scoring Cody Jones for the winning run for TCU (43-15). The Horned Frogs, the No. 7 national seed, will play Sam Houston State on Saturday in the winners’ bracket, while Siena (26-32) will take on Dallas Baptist in an elimination game.
TCU scored quickly, taking a 1-0 lead in the first on Kevin Cron’s RBI single. It stayed that way until the eighth, when Siena tied it on Dave Hoffman’s RBI triple.
Siena starter Matt Gage allowed six hits in nine innings, throwing 129 pitches and striking out five in a no-decision. TCU’s Brandon Finnegan, a likely first-round draft pick next week, fanned 12 in 7 1-3 innings.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Beyonce Outshines Her Music Peers At MTV VMAs
- Fried Jell-O & Cookie Fries Among State Fair Of Texas Food Winners
- Things To Watch As U.S. Open Gets Underway
- Clinton Proposes Plan To Address Mental Health Treatment
- 49’ers QB Kaepernick To Protest Race Relations By Sitting Through National Anthem
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures