WEATHERFORD, Texas (AP) – Deputies have seized empty gasoline cans and a propane torch from a North Texas home where a man was accused of setting his girlfriend on fire.
The Parker County Sheriff’s Office says the 37-year-old woman has critical burns over about a third of her body and was being treated Monday at a Dallas hospital. Investigators didn’t immediately release the name of the woman who was injured Sunday night in Azle, about 10 miles northwest of Fort Worth.
Jail records show 32-year-old Mark Morgan Upchurch of Azle was being held without bond Monday on a charge of aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. No attorney was listed for Upchurch.
A neighbor saw the burn victim running down a driveway and took her to a hospital.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Residents Meet The Candidates
- Top 5 Ways To Prevent Your Packages From Being Stolen
- Hundreds Protest White Nationalist’s Speech At Texas A&M
- Denton Council Passes Hand Held Device Ban For Drivers
- Suspect In Detective Murder Says He’s Not A ‘Bad Guy’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures