Source: Cowboys “No Interest’ In Ex-Bear Brian Urlacher
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The national media seems more in search of an attention-getting story than the Cowboys are in search of a veteran middle linebacker to replace out-for-the-season starter Sean Lee.
That’s the only explanation for why, amid volumes of denials from Dallas that it is at all serious about luring 36-year-old linebacker Brian Urlacher out of retirement, the bogus story continues to surface.
“We are not interested in anything like that at this time,” a Cowboys source tells 105.3 The Fan.
It’s true that in Dallas, former Bears defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli holds that same position – and a great deal of authority.
But sources tell 105.3 The Fan that if the club explores options outside Valley Ranch it would be in trade (meaning no to on-the-street vet Jonathan Vilma as well) and it will be well after present roster members Justin Durant, DeVonte Holloman and rookie fourth-rounder Anthony Hitchens – selected specifically to back up the oft-injured Lee – fail to meet expectations.
Durant is taking first-team snaps today at Cowboys OTAs.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures