HOUSTON (AP) – Tyler Stubblefield scattered four hits in his first career complete game, helping Texas A&M stave off elimination for the second time Sunday with a 3-2 victory over Texas.
Texas A&M (36-25) and Texas (40-19) will play a deciding game Monday, with the winner advancing to the super regionals.
Stubblefield (4-2) threw 134 pitches while walking five and striking out nine.
Nick Banks went 1-for-4, but his only hit drove in Ryne Birk for the go-ahead run in the fifth inning. Stubblefield took care of the rest, and didn’t allow a runner past second base after the Longhorns took a 2-1 lead on Madison Carter’s two-out single in the third.
Travis Duke (2-1) pitched four innings in relief of starter Lukas Schiraldi, and Mark Payton went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored for the Longhorns.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Maria Rains Lashing Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
- 4 Bikers Reach Plea Deals Over 2006 Austin Slaying Of Rival
- Inaugural Dallas Bike Ride Happens In November
- Top Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups For Week 3
- Dozens Dead In 7.1 Magnitude Central Mexico Earthquake
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures