TCU Advances To Baseball Super Regional
Sports Fan Insider
FORT WORTH (AP) - Freshman Tyler Alexander threw a six-hitter and TCU advanced to its fourth NCAA super regional in six years, beating Sam Houston State 6-1 on Sunday night.
TCU (45-15), the No. 7 national seed, needed only nine innings against Sam Houston this time. The Horned Frogs will host a super regional for the first time.
The Bearkats (43-19) beat Siena 9-2 earlier Sunday. That game started only about 12 hours after their 3-2 loss to TCU in 22 innings until about 2:30 a.m. CT Sunday.
Alexander (10-3) also had a complete game in the Big 12 tournament. The lefty has given up only six runs his last seven starts.
Garrett Crain’s RBI single in the third broke a 1-all tie. Boomer White, who had the game-winning hits in TCU’s first two regional wins, added an RBI single.
Bearkats starter Andrew Godail (3-1) allowed two runs and five hits in three innings.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texans Enjoy Unseasonably Cool Weather
- GM Financial To Expand Operations Center In Arlington
- House OKs Bill To block Obama Deportation Relief
- TxDOT Shuts Down Portion Of I-35W For Weekend
- Colleyville West Nile Woes Continue Despite Aggressive Treatment
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures