CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – The NCAA regional baseball game between Miami and Texas Tech has been suspended after a third rain delay, with the Red Raiders leading 1-0 in the top of the eighth inning.
The game will be concluded Monday. Sunday’s game featured a scuffle between the teams after which a player and two coaches were ejected.
Texas Tech led 1-0 in the third when Miami’s David Thompson tried to beat out an infield hit. He collided with Tech first baseman Eric Gutierrez, was tagged out and fell to the ground. Gutierrez showed Thompson the ball and then dropped it right next to him.
Miami first base coach Gino DiMare had words with Gutierrez, prompting Tech first base coach Jay-Bob Thomas to come from the dugout. Both benches emptied, but no punches were thrown and the game was delayed 15 minutes. Gutierrez, Thomas and DiMare were ejected and had to leave the grounds.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Seagoville PD: Officer Shot Suspect, Woman Found Bludgeoned To Death
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures