FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were killed early Tuesday morning during a house fire in Fort Worth. The incident started at around 5:00 a.m. in the 1000 block of Winnie Street.
According to emergency crews at the scene, the two people — both women — were trapped in the upstairs floor of the home. They were unable to make it outside safely. Five others people inside of the residence, including a child and an infant, were able to escape in time.
The names of the two victims have not yet been released. Fire officials described them only as an elderly female and an adult female.
Fire investigators are now trying to determine what may have initially sparked the flames.
- Slain Convenience Clerk’s Wife Devastated
- Talk Of Moving TSA Checkpoints Outside
- Oak Lawn Men Say They Were Chased By Fake Officer
- North Texas Researchers Working On Alzheimer’s Cure
- Helpful Reminder In Wake Of Deadly Accident
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures