HOUSTON (AP) – Chad Hollingsworth pitched a two-hitter, C.J. Hinojosa had three hits and Texas beat Texas A&M 4-1 Monday night to win the Houston Regional.
Hollingsworth (3-0), making his first start this season, struck out three to send the Longhorns (41-19) to their first Super Regional since 2011. Texas will next face the winner of the Baton Rouge Regional.
Madison Carter, who had singled to start the fourth, scored on an error to give the Longhorns a 2-1 lead.
Hinojosa extended Texas’ lead to 3-1 with an RBI double in the seventh, and Collin Shaw followed with a sacrifice fly to drive in Carter.
Cole Lankford put the Aggies (36-26) ahead 1-0 in the top of the first with a sacrifice fly.
Tres Barrera tied it in the bottom of the inning with an RBI single off Corey Ray (6-1).
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Appeals Court: Texas Must Reveal Execution Drug Supplier
- Texas Lawmakers Finalize $217B Spending Bill
- Elderly Woman Dies In Grand Prairie House Fire
- Alabama-Florida State Open ABC’s Saturday Night Football
- Wings Use Big 4th Quarter To Rally Past Stars 94-82
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures