NCAA Announces Super-Regional Sites, Schedules
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) – The NCAA has announced sites and schedules for this weekend’s best-of-three super regionals in the Division I baseball tournament.
The Friday-through-Sunday series: UC Irvine (38-23) at Oklahoma State (48-16), Houston (48-16) at Texas (41-19), Kennesaw State (40-22) at Louisville (48-15) and Stanford (34-24) at Vanderbilt (44-18).
The Saturday-through-Monday series: College of Charleston (44-17) at Texas Tech (43-19), Pepperdine (42-16) at No. 7 national seed TCU (45-15), Mississippi (44-18) at No. 6 Louisiana-Lafayette (57-8) and Maryland (39-21) at No. 3 Virginia (47-13).
The eight super-regional winners advance to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska, beginning June 14.
No. 1 Oregon State and four of the seven other national seeds lost in regionals, the most since 2007.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Experts Say Use Care With Holiday Fireworks
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Arrested For Sexual Assault
- DeMarco Murray To Play, Doug Free Inactive Vs Colts
- Ellis Leads Mavs Over Spurs In Rondo’s Debut
- Allen Wins 3rd Straight State Title
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures