ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers placed reliever Alexi Ogando on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday because of inflammation in his right elbow and recalled left-handed reliever Aaron Poreda from Triple-A Round Rock.
Rangers have placed RHP Alexi Ogando with right elbow inflammation and recalled LHP Aaron Poreda from Round Rock.—
John Blake (@RangerBlake) June 04, 2014
Ogando gave up two hits and three earned runs in a third of an inning in an 8-3 loss to Baltimore on Tuesday. The right-hander reported soreness in his elbow after throwing only 11 pitches in his first outing in five days.
A former starter who began his career as a reliever, Ogando is 2-3 with a 6.84 ERA in 27 relief appearances this season.
Poreda was 2-0 with a 3.38 ERA in 15 appearances in his first stint with Rangers. He began his Texas career with nine straight scoreless innings in his first appearance in the big leagues since 2009.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 12-Year-Old Dead, 2 Children Critically Injured After Denton 4-Vehicle Crash
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Robbery Suspect
- Kansas State Upsets Top-Ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Grand Champion Steer Sells For $210,000 At Fort Worth Stock Show Auction
- Johnson Rallies North Texas 80-69 Over Louisiana Tech
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures