Ogando Goes To DL With Elbow Inflammation
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers placed reliever Alexi Ogando on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday because of inflammation in his right elbow and recalled left-handed reliever Aaron Poreda from Triple-A Round Rock.
Rangers have placed RHP Alexi Ogando with right elbow inflammation and recalled LHP Aaron Poreda from Round Rock.—
John Blake (@RangerBlake) June 04, 2014
Ogando gave up two hits and three earned runs in a third of an inning in an 8-3 loss to Baltimore on Tuesday. The right-hander reported soreness in his elbow after throwing only 11 pitches in his first outing in five days.
A former starter who began his career as a reliever, Ogando is 2-3 with a 6.84 ERA in 27 relief appearances this season.
Poreda was 2-0 with a 3.38 ERA in 15 appearances in his first stint with Rangers. He began his Texas career with nine straight scoreless innings in his first appearance in the big leagues since 2009.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Christie Will Travel To Texas To Root For Cowboys
- “Survivor: San Juan Del Sur” Names Winner
- Texas Troopers Increase Patrols Over Holidays
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Titans’ Bishop Sankey And Jaguars’ Allen Hurns
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures