FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth have arrested a man in Tuesday’s triple murder case. Cedric McGinnis is suspected of slaying three women at a home on the city’s south side.
Authorities were called to the 500 block of Felix Street on Tuesday morning. According to family members, the three women were found dead at home when another relative returned from his overnight job. Anthony DeLeon’s brother-in-law made the terrible discovery. He arrived home to find his wife and two female relatives dead.
Police said that two victims were found in the living room with gunshot wounds. The third victim was found in a bedroom with stab wounds. All three women were pronounced dead at the scene.
“I know there’s death everywhere, but these three girls, three ladies, they didn’t deserve this,” DeLeon told reporters.
McGinnis is the ex-boyfriend of one of the victims. He was quickly identified as a person of interest in the case and questioned by detectives. He spoke with officers voluntarily and eventually admitted to his involvement in the three murders, police said, even leading investigators to pieces of evidence.
The suspect was taken into custody without incident. McGinnis now faces capital murder charges. He is sitting behind bars with a $1.25 million bond.
- 20-Year-Old Woman Dies In Head-On Crash In Joshua
- MedStar Responds To At Least 10 Rollover Crashes Due To Weather
- Police Give Gifts To Children Of Mother Killed At Dollar General During Robbery
- Woman Donates Gifts To Children In Honor Of Husband, Son
- Silvers Lifts Troy Over UNT, 50-30, In New Orleans Bowl
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures