FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Fort Worth have arrested a man in Tuesday’s triple murder case. Cedric McGinnis is suspected of slaying three women at a home on the city’s south side.
Authorities were called to the 500 block of Felix Street on Tuesday morning. According to family members, the three women were found dead at home when another relative returned from his overnight job. Anthony DeLeon’s brother-in-law made the terrible discovery. He arrived home to find his wife and two female relatives dead.
Police said that two victims were found in the living room with gunshot wounds. The third victim was found in a bedroom with stab wounds. All three women were pronounced dead at the scene.
“I know there’s death everywhere, but these three girls, three ladies, they didn’t deserve this,” DeLeon told reporters.
McGinnis is the ex-boyfriend of one of the victims. He was quickly identified as a person of interest in the case and questioned by detectives. He spoke with officers voluntarily and eventually admitted to his involvement in the three murders, police said, even leading investigators to pieces of evidence.
The suspect was taken into custody without incident. McGinnis now faces capital murder charges. He is sitting behind bars with a $1.25 million bond.
- Goodell Details NFL’s Stance On Sports Gambling After Court Ruling
- 7 Arrested In Fraud Probe Involving Travis County Employees
- The Baseball Report: Cano Suspended 80 Games, Cardinals Reliever Hits 105 On Radar Gun
- Former Dallas Uber Driver Sentenced 25 Years Prison For Sexual Assault
- This Week In Golf: Aaron Wise Wins First On Tour At AT&T Byron Nelson
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures