DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A multi-vehicle crash along Interstate-30 in east Dallas early Thursday morning killed one person and created a traffic nightmare for commuters. The incident happened just before 4:45 a.m. near the freeway’s intersection with Jim Miller Road.
According to emergency officials at the scene, a car somehow got stalled in the middle of the westbound side of the highway. That led to a chain reaction crash involving four different vehicles. One person died in the crash. Nobody else was injured.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.
One person involved in the crash reportedly ran away from the scene. A police helicopter and dog team have been helping in the search for that suspect. Officials have not released any additional information about that person.
Authorities shut down a portion of westbound Interstate-30 for several hours on Thursday morning while a full investigation was conducted and debris was cleared away. Check our traffic map for alternate routes.
This was the third fatal overnight or early morning car crash on North Texas roads in the last three days. The previous two crashes both involved wrong-way drivers.
- Police Investigate Burglary At Oak Cliff Restaurant
- Release: Most Successful Texas State Fair In 130-Year History
- Average Gasoline Price Down 4 Cents To $2.25 A Gallon
- FC Dallas Wins Supporters’ Shield In 0-0 Draw With Galaxy
- Police Investigating Double Homicide In Fort Worth
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures