Fatal Car Crash Snarls Dallas Traffic
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A multi-vehicle crash along Interstate-30 in east Dallas early Thursday morning killed one person and created a traffic nightmare for commuters. The incident happened just before 4:45 a.m. near the freeway’s intersection with Jim Miller Road.
According to emergency officials at the scene, a car somehow got stalled in the middle of the westbound side of the highway. That led to a chain reaction crash involving four different vehicles. One person died in the crash. Nobody else was injured.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.
One person involved in the crash reportedly ran away from the scene. A police helicopter and dog team have been helping in the search for that suspect. Officials have not released any additional information about that person.
Authorities shut down a portion of westbound Interstate-30 for several hours on Thursday morning while a full investigation was conducted and debris was cleared away. Check our traffic map for alternate routes.
This was the third fatal overnight or early morning car crash on North Texas roads in the last three days. The previous two crashes both involved wrong-way drivers.
- Study: Sauna Bathing Linked With Increased Life Span
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Authorities Say Teens Getting Dangerous Hallucinogens In The Mail
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures