Fomer Cowboy Speaks About Dez’s $55k Rookie Dinner
DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – As a rookie with the Cowboys in 2010, Dez Bryant was told that it was his responsibility to pick up the tab for a dinner with teammates. Some of those teammates ran wild with the most expensive items they could find on the high-end steakhouse menu, and when the check came, it was $55,000!
Recently on Fox Sports 1’s “Back of the Shop,” Dez Bryant reflected back on the infamous night. “The way I look at that is some guys do it just to be [expletive]. I could’ve easily went off on every last one of them, but I didn’t. I kept myself together, and I wanted to change that. So you know what I did, went out there and did my thing. Now they’re allowing me to call the shots.”
What exactly did Dez Bryant spend $55,000 on? Former Dallas Cowboy Jesse Holley joined Shan & RJ and talked about the night … that included one of the rarest bottles of alcohol in the world!
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- Sandra Bland’s Family Sues State Trooper, Wants Answers
- Fort Worth Officials To Address Flood Concerns
- Witnesses Sought In Fatal, Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Proposed Muslim Cemetery Topic Of Farmersville Town Hall
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures