Dallas Mom Also Charged After Son’s Death
DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas mother has joined her boyfriend in facing charges after the death of her 14-month-old son who allegedly was punched in the stomach.
Dallas County jail records show Claudia L. Johnson was being held Friday on a charge of injury to a child by omission. No attorney was listed for Johnson, whose bond was set at $25,000 related to Monday’s death of her son, Marquis.
Police also found her 2-year-old daughter injured and the girl underwent surgery.
Police on Wednesday arrested Clezel Montague Mughni on a charge of injury to a child in the boy’s death. Authorities on Thursday charged Johnson plus added another injury to a child charge against Mughni, who remains jailed, for the girl’s alleged beating.
An attorney for Mughni didn’t immediately return a message Friday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mother, 2 Children Survive Hit-And-Run
- Pork Sausage Patty Recall Due To Possible “Foreign Matter Contamination”
- Gov. Abbott Aims To Block Enforcement Of State Clean Air Act
- Texas Clinics File Supreme Court Appeal Of Abortion Law
- UPDATE: Suspicious Man At School Was Indeed Uber Driver Sent By Parents
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures