SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) – Air conditioning inside AT&T Center failed during Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat.
Players were placing ice bags on their necks while sitting on the bench and during timeouts, and Heat star LeBron James told teammates during a stoppage in play that “they’re trying to smoke us out of here.”
Temperatures inside the arena were measured in the mid-80s. Most everyone in the crowd was using something to fan themselves, and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told ABC before the fourth quarter that it’s “a bad situation.”
Arena officials said an electrical failure caused the problem and apologized for any inconvenience.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLS Playoffs Get Underway With Knockout Round
- Murder Suspect Shot As Officers Serve Arrest Warrant
- Police Investigate After Car Found Along I-30 With Bullet Holes
- Search Continues For Man Wanted In Oklahoma ‘Rage Killings’
- Cubs Awaken, Top Indians To Even World Series At 1
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures