Heat-Spurs And Heat: Game 1 Air Conditioning Fails
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) – Air conditioning inside AT&T Center failed during Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat.
Players were placing ice bags on their necks while sitting on the bench and during timeouts, and Heat star LeBron James told teammates during a stoppage in play that “they’re trying to smoke us out of here.”
Temperatures inside the arena were measured in the mid-80s. Most everyone in the crowd was using something to fan themselves, and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told ABC before the fourth quarter that it’s “a bad situation.”
Arena officials said an electrical failure caused the problem and apologized for any inconvenience.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- ‘Mission: Impossible’ Climbs To No. 1, ‘Vacation’ Is A Bust
- Hamilton Homers, Perez Wins As Rangers Edge Giants 2-1
- Police Investigating Drowning Death Of Dallas Two-Year-Old
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures