Texas Tech Beats Coll Of Charleston 1-0
LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) – Chris Sadberry struck out a career-high eight Saturday, and Texas Tech held off the College of Charleston 1-0 in the opener of an NCAA super regional.
Sadberry worked a career-best eight innings as the Red Raiders (44-19) improved to 32-4 at home and took the lead in the best-of-three series.
Taylor Clarke, a 10-game winner for the Cougars, gave up only five hits and walked one in his eight innings.
Tech scored in the third inning when Stephen Smith singled to center with one out and stole second. One out later, Tyler Neslony hit a line drive to right-center that skipped past right fielder Brandon Glazer and rolled to the wall. Neslony was credited with an RBI triple.
Texas Tech twice threw out Glazer at the plate – on a fielder’s choice by shortstop Tim Proudfoot in the third and by Sadberry on an infield chopper in the eighth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
- Texas Veterinarian Fired, Being Investigated For Cat Death
- Hindu Temple Upset And Guard After Temple Vandalized
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures