Arlington’s High Point Church Holds Last Service
Get Breaking News First
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.com) – Pastor Gary Simons of High Point Church preached his final sermon on Sunday mega-church on Arbrook Blvd. in Arlington.
Members, many wearing shirts with “We Are THE Church” written on them, filled the church one last time.
The church, which sits on 107 acres, was placed on the auction block last week.
The Evangelical Christian Credit Union, which holds High Point’s mortgage notes, alleges that the church is behind on its $31 million mortgage.
Simons posted a message on the church’s website stating that the church was current on its mortgage notes and was “shocked” when the church received a letter claiming it wasn’t.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Won’t Extend DeMarco In-Season
- Cowboys Injury Bug Bites Matt Johnson
- Babe’s Monday Cowboys Training Camp Report
- Rangers Struggle Again In 9-3 Loss To A’s
- Sterling Trial Nears Judge’s Ruling
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures