Arlington’s High Point Church Holds Last Service
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.com) – Pastor Gary Simons of High Point Church preached his final sermon on Sunday mega-church on Arbrook Blvd. in Arlington.
Members, many wearing shirts with “We Are THE Church” written on them, filled the church one last time.
The church, which sits on 107 acres, was placed on the auction block last week.
The Evangelical Christian Credit Union, which holds High Point’s mortgage notes, alleges that the church is behind on its $31 million mortgage.
Simons posted a message on the church’s website stating that the church was current on its mortgage notes and was “shocked” when the church received a letter claiming it wasn’t.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gallardo To Start For Texas In ALDS Game 1
- Image Of Deputy Comforting Baby After Crash Goes Viral
- Twitter Debuts ‘Moments’ Feature
- More U.S. Hospitals Encourage Breastfeeding
- Microsoft Unveils New Surface Laptop, Other Updates
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures