ARLINGTON (AP) – Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor has left a game against Cleveland after spraining his right shoulder on a head-first slide.
Odor was injured scrambling back to first base on a pickoff throw by Indians catcher Yan Gomes on Sunday. The rookie never made it to the bag, stopping instead to grab his shoulder after planting his right hand in the dirt.
Cleveland first baseman Carlos Santana didn’t try to tag Odor initially because he figured the throw was late. When Santana turned around and saw Odor hunched over on the ground, he tagged the runner out.
Odor will be re-evaluated Monday.
Mitch Moreland is about to become the 13th Texas player on the disabled list. He will be out three months for surgery on his left ankle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Investigation Finds Lack Of Oversight For School Fire Drills
- Police Investigating After Video Shows Wreckless Stunt Driving, Gunfire
- Suspect Hurt In Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Arlington Considers Joining Dallas In Lawsuit Against SB4
- Cancun Travel Warning Issued By State Department
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures