ARLINGTON (AP) – Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor has left a game against Cleveland after spraining his right shoulder on a head-first slide.
Odor was injured scrambling back to first base on a pickoff throw by Indians catcher Yan Gomes on Sunday. The rookie never made it to the bag, stopping instead to grab his shoulder after planting his right hand in the dirt.
Cleveland first baseman Carlos Santana didn’t try to tag Odor initially because he figured the throw was late. When Santana turned around and saw Odor hunched over on the ground, he tagged the runner out.
Odor will be re-evaluated Monday.
Mitch Moreland is about to become the 13th Texas player on the disabled list. He will be out three months for surgery on his left ankle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DFW Moments: Delta Flight 191 Crash
- North Texas Christian School In Danger Of Closing Down
- 3 Dead, 4 Injured In Fort Worth Rollover Crash
- Border Patrol Agents Rescue 14 Illegal Aliens Freezing In Desert
- DFW Moments: Ebola Outbreak
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures