Crazy Socks Birthday Party Planned For Bush
COLLEGE STATION (AP) – A crazy socks party has been planned in Texas to celebrate the 90th birthday of former President George H. W. Bush, who’s known for similar funky footwear.
The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station will mark the event Thursday.
Visitors are invited to wear their “craziest pair of socks” for a birthday party for Bush and for his wife, Barbara. The former first lady turned 89 on Sunday and celebrated with the Bush family at their summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Officials say the Bushes, who live in Houston, are not expected to return for the museum birthday party, which will include free cake and ice cream. Museum visitors must still pay regular admission prices.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Couple Thanks CBS11 Viewers For Helping Pay For Headstones
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Sudden Controversy Over Names Of Two Dallas Schools
- Humane Society Over Capacity With Animals Displaced By Storms
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures