Crazy Socks Birthday Party Planned For Bush
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - A crazy socks party has been planned in Texas to celebrate the 90th birthday of former President George H. W. Bush, who’s known for similar funky footwear.
The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum in College Station will mark the event Thursday.
Visitors are invited to wear their “craziest pair of socks” for a birthday party for Bush and for his wife, Barbara. The former first lady turned 89 on Sunday and celebrated with the Bush family at their summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Officials say the Bushes, who live in Houston, are not expected to return for the museum birthday party, which will include free cake and ice cream. Museum visitors must still pay regular admission prices.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More Potential Jurors Released From Theater Shooting Trial
- Texas Inmate Set To Die Wednesday Wins Reprieve
- Frustrating & Costly – What’s Behind The NTTA Phantom Toll Bills?
- Many Fear Iconic North Texas Landmark Will Soon Disappear
- Daily Score: Fixing Pressing Sports Problems
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures