MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Neighbors and parents in McKinney are in shock after a home daycare owner has been arrested for allegedly abusing one of the children that she was supposed to protect. Charlotte Semrau has been charged with indecency with a child by sexual conduct, and the allegations involve a child who is only 5 years old.
The news came as a surprise to those who know the 70-year-old suspect.
Authorities explained that Semrau runs a small daycare center out of her home, and 10 children have been left under her supervision. According to a police affidavit, the young victim told her parents what had happened last Friday, and the family called the police.
“I’m shocked and sick to my stomach. I couldn’t really sleep all night,” said neighbor Crystal Cope on Tuesday. “Charlotte has been a good friend and neighbor, and our kids have done things with her grandkids and gone places and had fun times together.”
Semrau’s bond was set at $100,000, and police stated that she has bonded out of jail. But attempts to contact her for a comment, however, have gone unanswered.
The suspect has been ordered to have no contact with children, including the young victim and the victim’s family.
- Oak Lawn Community On Edge After Deaths Of 2 Transgender Women, Robberies
- Official: Woman Missing At Lake Ray Hubbard After Going Into Water
- Teacher Who Stopped School Shooter Released From Hospital
- American Jailed In Venezuela For 2 Years Arrives In US
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures