Ghana Ready For World Cup Rematch With U.S.
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (AP) - With its rivalry against the United States about to be renewed in the World Cup, Ghana is practicing celebrating.
Captain Asamoah Gyan scored a breakaway goal in Monday’s exhibition against South Korea and then launched into the azonto, a two-step dance popular in Ghana. Soon he was joined in the corner of the field by a cluster of teammates, their hands, hips and feet moving in impressive synchronicity.
Past World Cup matches against the United States have given Ghana plenty to celebrate. The teams play again next Monday in Brazil, and the Black Stars have every reason to be optimistic, because they eliminated the United States from the past two World Cups.
A 4-0 victory Monday against South Korea suggested Ghana will again be a handful.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Church
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- Rangers Win 7th Straight, Rout AL-Best Angels 12-3
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures