Ghana Ready For World Cup Rematch With U.S.
MIAMI (AP) – With its rivalry against the United States about to be renewed in the World Cup, Ghana is practicing celebrating.
Captain Asamoah Gyan scored a breakaway goal in Monday’s exhibition against South Korea and then launched into the azonto, a two-step dance popular in Ghana. Soon he was joined in the corner of the field by a cluster of teammates, their hands, hips and feet moving in impressive synchronicity.
Past World Cup matches against the United States have given Ghana plenty to celebrate. The teams play again next Monday in Brazil, and the Black Stars have every reason to be optimistic, because they eliminated the United States from the past two World Cups.
A 4-0 victory Monday against South Korea suggested Ghana will again be a handful.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- When It Comes To Your Fantasy Team, Always Be Looking For Someone Better
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- Dwight Howard’s Physical Play Irks Mavs’ Carlisle
- Short But Powerful Storm Rips Through Parts Of Arlington
- Winds, Lightning, Flash Floods, Hail
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures