ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have placed first baseman Mitch Moreland on the 15-day disabled list and selected the contract of Brad Snyder from Triple-A Round Rock.
The expected move for Moreland was made before Tuesday night’s game against Miami. He will have surgery on his left ankle later this week, and could be out up to three months depending on what procedure is done.
Snyder, an outfielder, played his last two games for Round Rock at first base. He hit .284 with 18 home runs and 51 RBI in the minors this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster for Snyder, the Rangers transferred left-hander Matt Harrison from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Harrison had spinal fusion surgery June 3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- Montana Visitor Killed In Shooting On Las Vegas Strip Bus
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures