Rangers Put Moreland On DL, Bring Up Snyder
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have placed first baseman Mitch Moreland on the 15-day disabled list and selected the contract of Brad Snyder from Triple-A Round Rock.
The expected move for Moreland was made before Tuesday night’s game against Miami. He will have surgery on his left ankle later this week, and could be out up to three months depending on what procedure is done.
Snyder, an outfielder, played his last two games for Round Rock at first base. He hit .284 with 18 home runs and 51 RBI in the minors this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster for Snyder, the Rangers transferred left-hander Matt Harrison from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Harrison had spinal fusion surgery June 3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspended Cowboys S Hamilton: ‘I Didn’t Get To The Test In Time’
- Cowboys Finish Winless Preseason With 27-3 Loss To Broncos
- Tepesch Struggles As Rangers Lose 4-2 To Astros
- Extra Public School Funding May Come From Taxpayers
- Some Collin County Cities Scaling Back Water Restrictions
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures