Rangers Put Moreland On DL, Bring Up Snyder
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have placed first baseman Mitch Moreland on the 15-day disabled list and selected the contract of Brad Snyder from Triple-A Round Rock.
The expected move for Moreland was made before Tuesday night’s game against Miami. He will have surgery on his left ankle later this week, and could be out up to three months depending on what procedure is done.
Snyder, an outfielder, played his last two games for Round Rock at first base. He hit .284 with 18 home runs and 51 RBI in the minors this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster for Snyder, the Rangers transferred left-hander Matt Harrison from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Harrison had spinal fusion surgery June 3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington Contractor Costs City of Fort Worth Time And Money
- Bees Emerge From Pipe, Sting Farmer To Death
- Possible Plea Deal In Dallas County Corruption Case
- Video Calls Officer’s Treatment Of Black Citizens Into Question
- More Angst For Euless Apartment Residents
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures