Rangers Put Moreland On DL, Bring Up Snyder
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have placed first baseman Mitch Moreland on the 15-day disabled list and selected the contract of Brad Snyder from Triple-A Round Rock.
The expected move for Moreland was made before Tuesday night’s game against Miami. He will have surgery on his left ankle later this week, and could be out up to three months depending on what procedure is done.
Snyder, an outfielder, played his last two games for Round Rock at first base. He hit .284 with 18 home runs and 51 RBI in the minors this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster for Snyder, the Rangers transferred left-hander Matt Harrison from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Harrison had spinal fusion surgery June 3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Nelson Delayed After Heavy Rain On Saturated TPC Course
- FIFA President Blatter Asks To Be Re-Elected Despite Crisis
- Rodriguez Pitches Red Sox Past Rangers 5-1
- Legislature To Reimburse Erath County For ‘American Sniper’ Trial
- Apple Buys Maker Of Futuristic Augmented-Reality Software
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures