Rangers Put Moreland On DL, Bring Up Snyder
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have placed first baseman Mitch Moreland on the 15-day disabled list and selected the contract of Brad Snyder from Triple-A Round Rock.
The expected move for Moreland was made before Tuesday night’s game against Miami. He will have surgery on his left ankle later this week, and could be out up to three months depending on what procedure is done.
Snyder, an outfielder, played his last two games for Round Rock at first base. He hit .284 with 18 home runs and 51 RBI in the minors this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster for Snyder, the Rangers transferred left-hander Matt Harrison from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Harrison had spinal fusion surgery June 3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- PD: Teen Shot Two Burleson Detectives After Robbing Bank
- Lady Antebellum, Pat Green Booked For Abbott Bash
- Former Youth Pastor Indicted On Child Pornography Charges
- NFL NFC Playoff Scenarios
- Police: Home Invasion Prompted Deadly Shooting
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures