FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – American Airlines is expanding its reach in Asia with flights between Dallas and both Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The airline views the Chinese cities as important business-travel destinations in a region with fast-growing economies. It also hopes to attract Asian leisure travelers to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where they can catch flights to other cities in North and South America.
The airline will fly both routes daily with Boeing 777 jets. American is chasing United Airlines and Delta Air Lines, both of which have more routes to Asia.
American merged with US Airways in December and formed American Airlines Group Inc.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Danny Garcia: Thurman’s ‘Never Been In The Ring With A Guy Like Me’
- Casey Affleck Speaks About Sexual Harassment Claims
- Grapevine Police Say Man Stabbed Co-Worker To Death
- McDonald’s To Offer Mobile Order-&-Pay This Year
- New Exxon CEO Says Company Will Boost Production
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures