ARLINGTON, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The Texas Rangers announced Wednesday that pitcher Tanner Scheppers has been placed on the 15-day DL with right elbow inflammation.
This is Scheppers second stint on the DL due to elbow issues.
Scheppers, who became a starter in the spring and got the opening day nod because of an injury to Yu Darvish, went back to the bullpen when he returned and made four appearances in six games.
The 27-year-old Scheppers missed a month and a half with the original elbow problem after making four starts. He is 0-1 with 9.00 ERA.
Tanner Scheppers is on the 15-day DL with right elbow inflammation. Ben Rowen was called up.—
Texas Rangers (@Rangers) June 11, 2014
He is now the 20th Rangers player to be placed on the DL.
The Rangers have called up right-hander Ben Rowen from Triple-A Round Rock. He has yet to appear in the majors.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Pujols’ 3-Run HR Dooms Rangers
- Cowboys Target Pass Defense With Corners Awuzie & Lewis
- 6 Seriously Injured In 5-Vehicle Crash In Terrell
- The Deadly Consequences Of Cutting Probation Short
- Price Verdict Draws Strong Reactions From His Constituents
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: