DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas City Council could be getting a raise – but it will be up to you.
The council has voted to put their compensation on the ballot.
Right now, Dallas City Council members make $37,000per year and they are asking for a bump to $60,000.
The Mayor’s position could see a raise from $60,000 to $80,000 a year.
The proposal to raise the council’s compensation was made by a city charter review committee.
The item will likely be on the ballot in November.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Duncanville High School On High Alert After Social Media Threat
- Trial Opening For Man Accused Of Plotting To Kill Blogger
- Dallas Resident Petitions For Gaston Avenue To Keep Name
- Chiefs Take Over Top Spot In AP Pro32 Poll; Falcons Are 2nd
- Latin Grammy Nominations Postponed Over Natural Disasters
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures