DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas City Council could be getting a raise – but it will be up to you.
The council has voted to put their compensation on the ballot.
Right now, Dallas City Council members make $37,000per year and they are asking for a bump to $60,000.
The Mayor’s position could see a raise from $60,000 to $80,000 a year.
The proposal to raise the council’s compensation was made by a city charter review committee.
The item will likely be on the ballot in November.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Brock Lesnar Would Fight Jon Jones “Anytime, Anywhere”
- NCAA Rule Ending Two-A-Days Forces Teams To Adjust
- Mayweather-McGregor To Be Shown In Movie Theaters
- Sec. Rick Perry Duped By Russian Duo Impersonating Ukraine Leader
- Trump Says Transgender People Not Allowed To Serve In U.S. Military
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures