Gas Prices Down 2 Cents Across Texas
IRVING (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have fallen slightly, down 2 cents to $3.44 per gallon.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported that of the major metro areas in the state, drivers in Dallas are paying the most at $3.49 per gallon while motorists in Amarillo, Beaumont and San Antonio are paying the least at $3.38.
Texas drivers generally are paying about $48 to fill a 14-gallon fuel tank.
The national average for a gallon of unleaded is $3.65 and AAA says that average has steadily declined to start the summer driving season in each of the last three years.
AAA officials have said gasoline prices this summer are likely to remain in the range of year-ago costs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ParkMe App Finds Open Metered Parking In Dallas
- 15-Story Office Building Near Downtown Dallas Imploded
- Ennis Police Shoot, Wound Gunman In Truck Pursuit
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures