WEATHERFORD (CBSDFW.COM) — Authorities say a Lancaster man killed his girlfriend’s 6-week-old chihuahua mix by throwing it out the window of a speeding car.
Sheriff Larry Fowler with the Parker County Sheriff’s Office says the man, Marquael Greer, 32, got into a heated argument with his girlfriend while driving on I-20.
He then grabbed the puppy from her lap and threw it out the window of the speeding car. The dog was killed instantly.
“Before the police could get there, he put [his girlfriend] out on the side of the road,” said Sheriff Fowler. “End of the story is, he left, we got him identified, and we got him arrested in Dallas.”
Fowler says the man also assaulted and kicked his girlfriend.
Greer faces a number of charges, including injury to a non-livestock animal, a class-A misdemeanor which could lead to jail time.
“We don’t have a dog problem in Parker County, we have a people problem,” said Sheriff Fowler. “Every time you think you’ve heard it all, guess what, you haven’t.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- State Proposes To Increases App Fee For Cannabis Oil Dispensers From $6k To $1.3 Million
- Woman Dies Following Crash With DART Rail Car
- Man Accused Of Filming Oklahoma Crime Spree, Killing Relatives On The Run
- Bettis, Lewis, Gonzalez, Woodson Named As Pro Bowl Legend Captains
- Anderson, Booker Ignite Broncos In 27-9 win Over Texans
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures