WEATHERFORD (CBSDFW.COM) — Authorities say a Lancaster man killed his girlfriend’s 6-week-old chihuahua mix by throwing it out the window of a speeding car.
Sheriff Larry Fowler with the Parker County Sheriff’s Office says the man, Marquael Greer, 32, got into a heated argument with his girlfriend while driving on I-20.
He then grabbed the puppy from her lap and threw it out the window of the speeding car. The dog was killed instantly.
“Before the police could get there, he put [his girlfriend] out on the side of the road,” said Sheriff Fowler. “End of the story is, he left, we got him identified, and we got him arrested in Dallas.”
Fowler says the man also assaulted and kicked his girlfriend.
Greer faces a number of charges, including injury to a non-livestock animal, a class-A misdemeanor which could lead to jail time.
“We don’t have a dog problem in Parker County, we have a people problem,” said Sheriff Fowler. “Every time you think you’ve heard it all, guess what, you haven’t.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Churches Pray, Serve Where Deadly Tornadoes Struck Six Months Ago
- Chile Wins 2nd Straight Copa America Title
- Dallas Police Identify Suspect Vehicle In Murder Investigation
- 9-Year-Old Drowns In East Fort Worth Apartment Pool
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures