FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A burglary suspect was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer on Friday morning at a home along Loving Avenue. The incident took place at around 8:30 a.m. when authorities were alerted about a burglary in progress.
According to the homeowner, a person was trying to get inside of her house. She was hiding inside of the master bedroom, and the suspect had already broken a window.
The officer arrived and was directed toward the back of the home. There, that officer was confronted by an armed male suspect. The officer fired shots and wounded the man.
The suspect was transported to a nearby hospital and later died. The officer was not injured during this incident. The identities of the officer and the suspect have not yet been released.
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures