NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Six Dallas/Fort Worth area athletes & coaches from Team Texas left for the Special Olympics USA Games in New Jersey today, and will return home on Saturday, June 21.
More than 150 people-including 120 athletes and 34 coaches will represent Texas in 15 sports during the Special Olympics USA Games in New Jersey from June 14 to 21. More than 3,500 athletes and 1,000 coaches from across the United States are expected to compete in the USA Games.
The USA Games will hold competitions in some of the top sports venues in New Jersey, including Princeton University, Rider University, The College of New Jersey, Mercer County Park and several private schools.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tips For A Fun And Safe Halloween
- Kaine Puts Spanish To Good Use On Campaign Trail
- Rookies Lead Cowboys & Eagles In NFC East Showdown
- Big-Scoring Texas Tech Takes Losing Skid To TCU
- FBI Reopens Investigation Into Hillary Clinton’s Email Server
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures