Ex-Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent has been released from jail.
Brent was serving a 180 day sentence for the drunk driving crash that killed his friend and teammate Jerry Brown in 2012. Last week, he asked a Dallas County judge to let him serve the rest of his sentence at an in-patient treatment facility.
Brent’s attorney confirmed he was released just after noon Sunday, but did not reveal which facility he is going to.
Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones says he would not rule out the possibility that Brent could return to the team.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tornado Hits Canton; Injuries Reported
- Fort Worth Police Respond To Active Shooting; 1 In Custody
- Fyre Fest Fiasco: Bahamas Party Lives, Dies On Social Media
- China Deports US Businesswoman Accused Of Spying
- Marchers Use Trump’s 100th Day To Protest Climate Policies
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: