Ex-Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent has been released from jail.
Brent was serving a 180 day sentence for the drunk driving crash that killed his friend and teammate Jerry Brown in 2012. Last week, he asked a Dallas County judge to let him serve the rest of his sentence at an in-patient treatment facility.
Brent’s attorney confirmed he was released just after noon Sunday, but did not reveal which facility he is going to.
Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones says he would not rule out the possibility that Brent could return to the team.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Live Blog: Dallas Cowboys Vs San Francisco 49ers
- Lightning Strikes Spark House Fires Across North Texas
- Farmers Branch Police Arrest Suspect Who Stabbed Off-Duty Officer
- Hill, No. 4 TCU Roll 43-0 As Kansas Ties NCAA Road Loss Mark
- Harden Leads Rockets Past Mavericks 107-91
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: