MANSFIELD (CBSDFW.COM) – A former Dallas Cowboy has had a run in with the law.
According to Mansfield police, officers responded to a 911 call off Moore Road Sunday night around 8 p.m. One there police found former Cowboys running back Marion Barber in need of what they are calling ‘clinical assistance.’
Barber was detained and taken to a local hospital for mental detention and observation.
Police are not saying what Barber was suffering from or what caused the detention.
Barber played for the Cowboys from 2005 until 2010. He retired from the NFL after a two-year stint with the Chicago Bears.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 911 Recording Released In Deadly Richardson Road Rage
- Texas ‘Bathroom Bill’ Near Collapse Over GOP Standoff
- To U2 Fans, Concert Tickets Hotter Than Texas Heat
- 2 Toddlers Die After Locking Themselves Inside Hot Car
- Texas Teen Wasn’t Sure He’d Live To Graduate High School; He Did!
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures