Republican Governors Talk Energy Policy
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (AP) - A group of Republican governors from oil-and-gas rich states will gather in Houston to discuss energy policy and slam the newest regulations passed by the EPA and backed by President Barack Obama.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple and Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead will meet Monday.
The Republican Governors Association is hosting the energy press briefing.
A news release says the governors will discuss the Obama administration’s “latest job-killing EPA regulations, how this White House has continually failed to lead on energy policy, and how Republican governors are promoting an ‘all-of-the-above’ energy strategy in their states.”
The EPA recently released new rules designed to cut greenhouse gas emissions from existing coal-fired power plants.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Standing Room Only At Collin County Meeting About Immigrant Children
- Disrespected Dez? The Anatomy Of A Cowboys Non-Story
- Recent Drownings Reminder For Parents To Stay Vigilant
- Jury In Jesse Ventura/Chris Kyle Case To Return Tuesday
- Fort Worth Doctor Who Contracted Ebola Seriously Ill
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures