THE COLONY (CBSDFW.COM) — The search continues for a man who is presumed to have drowned at Lewisville Lake after jumping in the water to save his nephew on Sunday.
Authorities say that Michael Quach, 38, jumped into the water without a life jacket to help his nephew, who had jumped into the water to cool off, but began to drift away from the boat.
The nephew, who was wearing a life jacket, eventually made it back to the boat safely.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon just southwest of Hidden Cove in The Colony.
The search continued in the same area on Monday morning, but authorities warn that the search could continue for a couple of days under current conditions.
“The problem we’re running into is the wind,” said Cliff Swofford, game warden with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. “We’ve got about 5-foot swells out there causing some interference with our sonar.”
Family and friends searched the area throughout the night without success.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- With ID Confirmed, Mansfield Police Look To Crack Murder Mystery
- Judge Orders Sweeping Changes To Texas Foster Care System
- Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman Abused By Ex-Doctor Wants Him To Suffer
- Possible Measles Exposure At Waxahachie Movie Theater
- Texas Observes Confederate Heroes Day Amid Growing Debate
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures