American Airlines & Machinists Reach Deal
FORT WORTH (AP) – American Airlines has negotiated tentative labor contracts covering more than 11,000 mechanics and other employees at US Airways.
The three-year agreements are subject to voting by the employees, who are represented by the International Association of Machinists. Terms weren’t disclosed Monday.
Fort Worth-based American says union leaders and negotiators unanimously endorsed the agreements.
American and US Airways merged in December and aim to combine their work forces.
The deals would pave the way for the machinists and the Transport Workers Union to begin negotiating a single contract covering more than 30,000 ground workers at the combined company. The TWU represents American Airlines mechanics and ramp workers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Co. Reports 14th, 15th Human WNV Cases
- Texas SAT Scores Lowest In More Than 2 Decades
- Tourist Accused Of Keying The Alamo Arrested
- Fort Worth Man Sentenced To Life For Sexually Abusing His Daughter
- The Top 3 Potential Additions To The Cowboys Running Back Depth Chart
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures